Gosh, isn’t Cisco and Juniper training expensive? Week-long CCNA classes can set you back £2,000, and one-on-one training is just extortionate. The only way you could afford it yourself is if you were as rich as one of those Justin Timberlake fellows they have nowadays. No wonder Justin Timberlake is also a double-CCIE and triple-JNCIE. Not that you need me to tell you that, of course.
Don’t you just wish there was someone out there who offered cheap, affordable prices, for one-on-one networking training? And as a bonus, don’t you also wish that your money was going to charity? And as a double bonus, don’t you wish you could learn it all over a pint?
Well, I’ve got good news for you: I’m doing exactly that!
I’m offering you RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP one-to-one training time with me, Famous Hollywood Superstar (not true) Chris Parker (true). Pay-as-you-go Cisco and Juniper training, tailored specifically to your needs.
And when I say cheap, I mean it: £15 an hour.
WAIT – WHY IS THIS SO CHEAP? IS THIS A TRICK??
Well, here’s the part that will make your heart smile: I’m doing this to raise money for charity.
Every single penny of your money will go to Forward, a charity who are fighting across the world to end Female Genital Mutilation. It is unconscionable that we live in a world where FGM happens, and together maybe you and I can help to bring it to an end. My aim is to raise £1,000 by the end of each year – and share a little knowledge along the way. I will definitely fail to reach this target. But if I can get even a fifth of the way there, we’ll still have helped to make a difference.
THINGS I CAN TEACH YOU:
• Absolutely anything on the CCNA Routing & Switching syllabus, from subnetting to OSPF, spanning tree to BGP, NAT to DHCP, IPv6 to IPsec VPNs, and much much more.
• I’m even happy to go to CCNP level knowledge if you like!
• I can also do the same for anything in Juniper’s JNCIA-JUNOS exam. And if you’re new to the JNCIS Service Provider, Enterprise or Security tracks, I can definitely help you with the high-points of these too. MPLS, BGP, SRX security, OSPF, IS-IS, routing policy and more!
• I can help you to use GNS3 and EVE-NG to build your own labs, and teach you how to use Wireshark to analyse traffic.
• I can possibly also help with other networking knowledge you need for your job. For example, IT support staff often excel at Microsoft (see what I did there?), but they lack the basic networking knowledge, because they make changes to the network so infrequently. Come to me and I’ll help fill in the gaps.
WOW, THIS SOUNDS GOOD! SO, HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Email me at email@example.com. It’s as easy as that!
• Drop me a line and tell me where you’re located, how long you’d like with me, and what topics you’d like to go over. We’ll arrange a date and time, and I’ll come prepared with examples, labs and study pages, so we can really maximise our time together.
• You can book me on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays (and potentially even on weekday evenings), for as little or as long as you like – one hour, eight hours, or more, or less! Whatever works for you.
• The training itself will happen where all the best training happens: in the pub. My years of doing stand-up comedy has given me an extensive knowledge of good London pubs with function rooms we can use for free in the day, so we’ll find a location that works for both of us, with good wifi and a quiet private study space.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
One flat fee: £15 an hour And every penny of it will go directly to charity. It’s my way of combining activism and education. You pay in cash, I’ll pop it in a jar, and donate it at the end of the year with a little photo of the total sum, and a screengrab of the donation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHO ARE YOU?
– I’m Chris, a network engineer with 11 years experience in the ISP and MSP sector. I’ve worked both as a senior network engineer and as a trainer, with a particular passion for layer-3 technologies: OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, MPLS and so on.
As for certs, I’ve passed the CCNA three times in my life, and CCNP twice. More recently I’ve fallen in love with Junos, and I’ve got a variety of Juniper certs this year: JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCIS-SP, and JNCIS-ENT.
The thing that excites me the most is teaching people how all this incredible technology works – and I like to think that I can do it in a way that will make you as excited and as enthusiastic as I am!
MY EMPLOYEES WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS. CAN YOU COME TO OUR OFFICE AND DO GROUP SESSIONS?
– I have a day job, so I can only offer training outside of business hours. I’d certainly be happy to train multiple people at a time. Please bear in mind though that the price per-person stays the same. I am doing this for charity, after all!
WILL YOU COME TO MY HOUSE?
– I much prefer to meet in public, for obvious safety reasons, but I could possibly make an exception if disability or family requirements make home-learning more convenient for you. Drop me a line and ask!
WILL YOU TRAVEL OUTSIDE OF LONDON?
– Theoretically yes, if you’re happy to pay my travel, but it depends on how long the journey time will take. Basically, if you’re happy to pay my travel, and donate extra to the charity for my travel time, then we might be able to make it work. Don’t be shy to ask!