Gosh, isn’t Cisco and Juniper training expensive? Week-long CCNA classes can set you back £2,000, and one-on-one training is just extortionate. The only way you could afford it yourself is if you were as rich as one of those Justin Timberlake fellows they have nowadays. No wonder Justin Timberlake is also a double-CCIE and triple-JNCIE.
Don’t you wish there was someone out there who offered cheap, affordable prices, for one-on-one networking training? And as a bonus, don’t you also wish that your money was going to charity? And as a double bonus, don’t you wish you could learn it all over a pint, or a cup of tea?
Well, I’ve got good news for you: I’m doing exactly that!
I’m offering you RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP one-to-one training time in London with me, Famous Hollywood Superstar (not true) Chris Parker (true). Pay-as-you-go Cisco and Juniper training, tailored specifically to your needs.
And when I say cheap, I mean it: £15 an hour.
WAIT – WHY IS THIS SO CHEAP? IS THIS A TRICK??
Well, here’s the part that will make your heart smile: I’m doing this to raise money for charity.
Every single penny of your money will go to Forward, a charity who are fighting across the world to end Female Genital Mutilation. It is unconscionable that we live in a world where FGM happens, and together maybe you and I can help to bring it to an end. My aim is to raise £1,000 by the end of each year – and share a little knowledge along the way.
THINGS I CAN TEACH YOU:
• Nowadays I’m all about Juniper, so if you need help with anything from JNCIA all the way up to JNCIE, hit me up. In particular I’m good on the Service Provider track – BGP, MPLS, OSPF, IS-IS, L3VPN, VPLS, Multicast and QoS are all definite topics I can help with, as well as general Juniper Junos magic. I don’t know a great deal of enterprise stuff, but there’s a lot of overlap in the stuff that happens, so shout me if there’s specifics yo’d like to know about. And indeed, if you’re not hitting up certs but you just want to know the tech, I can help!
• We’ll do all of this on my own personal lab, running in EVE-NG, which we can access remotely from anywhere.
• I can possibly also help with other networking knowledge you need for your job. For example, IT support staff often excel at Microsoft (see what I did there?), but they lack the basic networking knowledge, because they make changes to the network so infrequently. These people just need to know things about general networking principles, without getting too bogged down in the vendors. Come to me and I’ll help fill in the gaps.
WOW, THIS SOUNDS GOOD! SO, HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s as easy as that!
• Drop me a line and tell me where you’re located, how long you’d like with me, and what topics you’d like to go over. We’ll arrange a date and time, and I’ll come prepared with examples, labs and study pages, so we can really maximise our time together.
• You can book me on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays (and potentially even on weekday evenings), for as little or as long as you like – one hour, eight hours, or more, or less! Whatever works for you.
• The training itself will happen where all the best training happens: in the pub. My years of doing stand-up comedy has given me an extensive knowledge of good London pubs with function rooms we can use for free in the day, so we’ll find a location that works for both of us, with good wifi and a quiet private study space.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
One flat fee: £15 an hour And every penny of it will go directly to charity. It’s my way of combining activism and education. You pay in cash, I’ll pop it in a jar, and donate it at the end of the year with a little photo of the total sum, and a screengrab of the donation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHO ARE YOU?
– I’m Chris, a network engineer with 11 years experience in the ISP and MSP sector. I’ve worked both as a senior network engineer and as a trainer, with a particular passion for layer-3 technologies: OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, MPLS and so on.
I have a fair number of Juniper certs behind me. I’m JNCIE-SP #2981, as well as having a JNCIP, three JNCIS, and four JNCIA.
The thing that excites me the most is teaching people how all this incredible technology works – and I like to think that I can do it in a way that will make you as excited and as enthusiastic as I am!
DO YOU OFFER REMOTE TRAINING?
– I’m afraid not. This offer is specifically for face-to-face training in London.
WILL YOU TRAVEL OUTSIDE OF LONDON?
– Theoretically yes, if you’re happy to pay my travel, but it depends on how long the journey time will take. Basically, if you’re happy to pay my travel, and donate extra to the charity for my travel time, then we might be able to make it work. Don’t be shy to ask!
WILL YOU COME TO MY HOUSE?
– I much prefer to meet in public, for obvious safety reasons, but I could possibly make an exception if disability or family requirements make home-learning more convenient for you. Drop me a line and ask!
MY EMPLOYEES WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS. CAN YOU COME TO OUR OFFICE AND DO GROUP SESSIONS?
– I have a day job, so I can only offer training outside of business hours. I’d certainly be happy to train multiple people at a time. Please bear in mind though that the price per-person stays the same. I am doing this for charity, after all! Also, you will understand that I can’t really do anything that directly benefits a competitor of my current employer.